Fletch Lives

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DanC, Sep 9, 2003.

1. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

I just received my copy today and wanted to pass along my impressions for those interested since I haven't seen any discussion on it.

First off, the video looks great for a film almost 15 years old. A few opening scenes did seem a little too grainy and showed a few nicks/scratches but overall I was very surprised with how good this transfer was. The audio (Dolby Surround) was very clean and I was suprised to hear the surrounds come alive (motorcycle chase) every now & then! The only substantial extra included is the theatrical trailer.

You can't go wrong with this one if you're a Fletch fan! [​IMG]

Now, if we could just get Universal to release a Fletch SE... [​IMG]

2. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

DanC,

I agree, it does look pretty good for a movie this old. Yea, there is some grain and I noticed some ringing/EE on the edges of buildings when he's walking out of the jailhouse with his lawyer, but all in all, I was pleased wiht it, especially for a Universal release (sorry but I had to take a pot shot there!). I was also pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack as the bass in Harold Faltermeyer's soundtrack, while not very deep, seemed tight. The surrounds sounded somewhat engaging throughout the movie as well. While not to the extent of your bigger, modern movies, there was always some sound (a bird chirping outside, crickets, etc.) in the surround channels. Not a bad job on this one, especially for Fletch fans! [​IMG]

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I enjoyed this release, too...especially for the nice price. It was a blind buy for me, never having caught the sequel. If you enjoyed the first film, I think you would enjoy the second. At first it doesn't seem like it, but as things start happening you feel like you're welcoming back an old friend.

Hey, whatever happened to Fletch Won? Is that still going to be made?

4. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator