What's new

Fletch DVD - I'd like one before my kid grows up (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Actually, the right time to relase this again, would we when Fletch Won is released on DVD, after it plays in the theaters, which I'm guessing is about X-mas 2008.
If they do re-release it, do it for HD too. For all three films

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
If you can't find the movie just buy the books. Reading them will diminish your desire to ever watch the movies again.

Ira Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ira Siegel
I've read the books (I think all of them), seen the movies, and reread some of the books, and I still want the Fletch DVD. I still get a kick out of Fletch Lives each time I see it.

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
Signed, not that it'll probably do any good. Sorry, bit pessamistic about internet based petitions.

Ira Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ira Siegel
Apparently it DID do some good. Thanks
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

DVDEmpire and Amazon both indicate that FLETCH, Jane Doe Edition, should be arriving in my hands sometime around May 1, 2007.:)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

It was also mentioned on Digital Bits website. Which prompted me to sell my original unopened copy on ebay for $51. And if you can preorder it at Amazon for $13.99....I love ebay. :)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Er.... that's not exactly "tons of bonus materials and extra features". Looks pretty skimpy to me, depending on how long that "Making of Fletch" doc is and who all is involved. They couldn't do a commentary track with the director and/or Chevy Chase (who I'm sure has plenty of time to do one) and/or the author of the Fletch novels (is he still alive?). Looks like a pathetic special edition if that's all we're getting. Hopefully they are at least doing a new anamorphic transfer.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Gregory McDonald is still alive, as far as I know, but I don't really know what he'd add to the DVD, since the movie doesn't really resemble the book that much, outside of the basic plot. The Fletch of the books is pretty much a bastard and isn't nearly as likeable as Chevy's character is. Also, Chevy's characters is purely his creation.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks