What's new

Pre-Order Flesh For Frankenstein (1973) (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
310696_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I purchased this directly from Vinegar Syndrome in November. The 4K UHD had incorrectly set flesh tones, which looked like the whole cast had spray-tanned themselves! Vinegar Syndrome has sent out a replacement disc to those who purchased from their website, but be aware of the issue, if you purchase from Amazon. The 3D blu-ray worked like a treat. You get the choice of using three viewing options on the blu-ray: Digital 3-D (requires a 3-D capable TV and player), Anaglyph 3-D (works on all TVs/projectors with included 3-D glasses) and regular Flat 2-D. I used my glasses with the projector and it was a hoot! There are some 3D fans on this site, so if you fancy a splatterfilm with terrific 3D effects, go for it!

John Skoda

Second Unit
I received the replacement 4K disc yesterday. The original disc has the "UltraHD" logo in white, where the replacement has the logo in yellow.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I believe it was this wild and wacky film that had the immortal line "To know life you must f--k death in the gall bladder". I think I remember it right. This while a spear with bloody entrails hangs over the theatrical audience. Got to love it!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
My replacement disc arrived today and the flesh tones now look normal. Probably the grainiest 4K UHD released to date - Robert Harris is going to need his smelling salts, if he sits closer to the screen than about 50 feet :biggrin:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
My replacement disc arrived today and the flesh tones now look normal. Probably the grainiest 4K UHD released to date - Robert Harris is going to need his smelling salts, if he sits closer to the screen than about 50 feet :biggrin:
With good reason. Half height over/under 3D amplifies the grain just like Techniscope. 4K was kind of pointless for this one.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
With good reason. Half height over/under 3D amplifies the grain just like Techniscope. 4K was kind of pointless for this one.
I've just ordered 10 extra pairs of 3D anaglyph glasses to supplement the two which came with the set, so that I can share the joy with my pals! It'll be a great double-bill. First: Severin's 4K UHD of Blood For Dracula (which I think is the better film and has a lovely picture) and Vinegar Syndrome's Flesh For Frankenstein as the midnight movie in retro-3D (the 3D disc is not a 4K UHD)!

IMG_6927 2.jpg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I've just ordered 10 extra pairs of 3D anaglyph glasses to supplement the two which came with the set, so that I can share the joy with my pals! It'll be a great double-bill. First: Severin's 4K UHD of Blood For Dracula (which I think is the better film and has a lovely picture) and Vinegar Syndrome's Flesh For Frankenstein as the midnight movie in retro-3D (the 3D disc is not a 4K UHD)!

View attachment 129705
Did you order the extra pairs of anaglyph glasses from VS?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele

View attachment 129705

I feel sorry for any out there that have to settle for anaglyph 3D. I still have 2 Panny 3D plasma sets, and more 3D projectors that I care to admit to. But it's a shame that the 3D feature on 4K TVs has been ignored by the industry. I keep writing letters to them, probably for naught. But at least I can vent my frustrations in that way.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I feel sorry for any out there that have to settle for anaglyph 3D. I still have 2 Panny 3D plasma sets, and more 3D projectors that I care to admit to. But it's a shame that the 3D feature on 4K TVs has been ignored by the industry. I keep writing letters to them, probably for naught. But at least I can vent my frustrations in that way.
But you've purchased Flesh For Frankenstein to savour with the digital 3D option on your plasma sets, right?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Deep Throat was one of the loveliest films I ever saw. Artfully shot, with razor-sharp editing, extraordinary production values, and impeccable acting. It belongs in the National Film Registry as an important artifact of its time. Let's all start the nomination process!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks