What's new

Fleisher's "Gulliver's Travels" (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Agreed. I played around with it when I got home and took pictures of the side bars for Mr. Rosenberg, who claimed he couldn't see them on his copy.

After, by the way, accusing me of reviewing from an online YouTube clip or some such.

Edit to add: The story has now changed to there being a conspiracy between the HTF, AVS, Blu-ray.com DVDTalk AND DVDBeaver against Koch...not to mention my Sony Bravia being the problem. This is fun!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Wow, that's really pathetic.

While I'd like to see someone (competent) like Stanchfield handle this properly, it just seems like a waste of time to spend money on a 1080p transfer without utilizing the preservation elements at UCLA. I wonder what it would take to use this as a chance to weasel a license out of Lionsgate/Republic/Paramount just to steal Koch's thunder.

On the other hand, that sort of effort is better for the other PD Fleischer works like the Betty Boop cartoons.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
You ought to read the reviews from J6Ps over at Amazon. They actually think the BD looks great.

What's really odd is that almost all of the original reviews that said it was a POS have been deleted, mine included!!! I wonder if Koch had something to do with this.

Wow, wouldn't this be a bummmer if this becomes the trend. Take a POS 1.33:1 PD transfer, 16x9 it and sell the s*** out of it to all the J6Ps out there...the end has started...help us all!!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That's really quite the email exchange on that link there - the people behind this release really don't seem to have a clue about the product they're releasing. Always a great sign.

As if all of the people on all of those different forums could get along long enough to start a conspiracy...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks