What's new

Fleischer Superman DVD question (1 Viewer)

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Thats what it says it on the back cover of my box. You can see a picture of the back cover Here. And at the main index when you click Program Start it scrolls a brief history of the of the cartoons and saysI quoted that straight from the dvd intro word for word while setting here looking at it. And they do look good, clean and vibrant colors. Not dark like the other releases I mentioned. ;)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
The Diamond Collection is very good, but what I think that blurb is actually saying is that they have been transfered using original 35mm prints and, in some cases, have been transfered using negatives. IT doesn't exactly say that they are using original 35mm negatives and more likely they were dupes to fill in sections were a superior positive print didn't exist. And clearly for "Terror on the Midway" they had neither.

I think if they were using original negatives as the primary source they would have led with that in the blurb.

The Diamond Collection is still the only current disc worth having. I can't wait for the Warner Box.

By the way, I saw the new (longer) Superman trailer this past weekend and all of sudden I got choked up as I was transported back to being a 10 year old kid literally shaking in the theater during the opening credits of the Richard Donner movie in 1978. Great stuff.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Negatives can mean DUPE negatives....

The only people who have access to the ORIGINAL Technicolor Successive Exposure Masters are Warner Bros.

Once they release these cartoons later this year, you can use anyone else's disc for a cocktail coaster or frisbee.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know if the "Look Up In The Sky" documentary will also be part of the Ultimate box later this year?

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Well, I've decided since I'm planning to get the upcoming Ultimate Superman Collection (DANG this can't come soon enough!) which Warner just said in the chat would include the 17 Max Fleischer toons I'll just forget about the VCI release and wait on the collection. I've got 3 releases of the Max Fleischer superman toons (Diamond Anniversary being the best currently available which I have), thats enough for now.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
So i assume that the cartoons that wb will be putting on the various upcoming superman movie collections, will look even better than the diamond collection version ?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

They have some of the restored prints on their video download site (forgot the name) and they look stunning. I'm guessing they used the same Ultra Resolution process they used on the color Looney Tunes.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, i decided that even though warner will release these, i just had to have the diamond collection from bosko/ image, so i ordered it.Ill still get warners when they release it , but needed something till then ,since i sold the lost episodes dvd i had. Just 1 question about the diamond version, i heard it comes it a snapper case ,is this true ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks David, maybe they discontinued the snapper version.Hopefully mine wont be in one, but dvd empire shows a picture of it in a snap case, and the site i ordered it from play usa describes it being in a snap case.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there any review of the VCI DVD release of SUPERMAN: The Ultimate Max Fleisher Cartoon Collection?

Anyone?

Seems no one wants to bite until the Warner set comes out.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Rodney, theres a dvd review of that set over at dvd talk. But in the review it says that this dvd is not as good as the diamond collection, it states the diamond collection has much better picture quality, the review even has screenshot comparison between the 2 dvds, and that convinced me to order the diamond version.Cant wait for mine to arrive!1thing the vci version does have in its favor is some interesting extras, but ill take better picture over extras any day !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Rodney, if you have time to do it could you post a screenshot of the episode from the diamond collection, underground world ? Specifically a screenshot with the hawkmen in it , i want to see how good the picture is in that one because its my favorite short.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I have the Diamond Collection and the only episode that looks really bad is Terror on the Midway.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
For some reason i heard that on most dvd releases of fleischers superman , terror on the midway looks bad.Maybe a good print doesnt exist anymore for that exact cartoon.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tony:

I have recently moved, and most of my DVD's are in storage. Sorry I cannot help you with your request. Maybe someone else could post the pic?
Or if someone needs me to put it up, pm me and I will post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks