What's new

"Fleischer Classics featuring Gulliver's Travels" (1939) coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
3rd that request
I'd emailed the Thunderbean site weeks ago and never received a reply.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
His intention has always been to have a regular retail release of the final Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack once replication was done. I'm sure it will be on Amazon; all the other various pre-release offers he's made on a couple animation forums have been followed up with availability of the final products on Amazon. And again, remember that he's a one-man operation.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I also think Steve is being more prudent this time around and waiting until the replication is successful and has the product stock in hand before making an Amazon.com listing. He made that mistake this past December by listing the "Mid-Century Modern Animation Vol. 2" DVD when it turned out later that there was some sort of error in the replication and had to put all orders made for that one on back order. He's still waiting for the replicated discs on that one.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Paul Penna said:
His intention has always been to have a regular retail release of the final Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack once replication was done. I'm sure it will be on Amazon; all the other various pre-release offers he's made on a couple animation forums have been followed up with availability of the final products on Amazon. And again, remember that he's a one-man operation.
I've been following the horrible string of luck with getting this disc out. I certainly understand the one man operation and under no circs was complaining about not being able to get it now. I didn't know with past releases if he sold on Amazon or took it strictly to the website -- or worse yet only made enough to cover pre-orders.Really interested in catching this once it's out

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I'm not sure I'm understanding any of this, so maybe someone can clarify - those of us who pre-ordered on amazon and got the little film thing, will automatically get this once it's in?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
haineshisway said:
I'm not sure I'm understanding any of this, so maybe someone can clarify - those of us who pre-ordered on amazon and got the little film thing, will automatically get this once it's in?
Yes. Here's what Jerry Beck said on his Cartoon Research website when Steve Stanchfield announced the pre-release:
This special offer ... includes the final BluRay when finished as well as a 35mm IB Technicolor strip of 24 frames from the film (taken from non-damaged parts of water damaged reels). The pre-release set is available on Amazon ... The discs will be sent when the project is finished ...

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
JoHud said:
He made that mistake this past December by listing the "Mid-Century Modern Animation Vol. 2" DVD when it turned out later that there was some sort of error in the replication and had to put all orders made for that one on back order. He's still waiting for the replicated discs on that one.
That explains why my Amazon order has remained at "preparing" status these past weeks.I'm anxious to receive that title.

Real Name
Steve Stanchfield
Soem quick updates:
Gulliver gets shipped this week should all be well. The stock is coming in the next day or two, finally.

Mid Century Modern 2 is shipping; most have gone out already, the rest of the orders and the IAD forum 'Pre-orders' are all going this week.

There are 9 orders with film strips that didn't get sent- they're going this week.

Technicolor Dreams is still very much in progress. This is the last of the 'announced' titles right now from Thunderbean. There's another title I've worked on for four years with the Blue Mouse Studio; this title will be announced in the coming weeks on Cartoon Research.com.

Still licking my wounds from the various delays, but still standing!

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
From Steve Stanchfield's column on Cartoon Research today:
• Fleischer’s Gulliver Travels on BluRay/DVD has arrived here! Now, he’s leaving, one BluRay/DVD set at a time. I hope to have all the pre-release copies sent in the coming 3 or 4 days. It will be available on Amazon sometime in the next week or so, and next week’s Cartoon Research Thunderbean Thursday article will be all about the release.
Cartoon Research is here: http://cartoonresearch.com/

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
My copy arrived today. I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it yet, but I did pop it in to sample a bit of each chapter and it looks like Steve has done a wonderful job with this. I did notice a speck and scratch here and there but overall the image and colors looked extremely good.

Real Name
Steve Stanchfield
lukejosephchung said:
Just saw the 2-minute preview trailer of the blu-ray on this webpage in 1080p...it's a stunner!!!
I think it's just 720 on Youtube....but of course the disc is 1080p. I'm having a good time hearing what everyone thinks!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I sent an email, but thought I'd ask here since I know how busy Thunderbean is. Is the "Technicolor Dreams" Bluray still available for pre-order? It's on their site, but listed as before november 2013. Just wondering if it's extended before I paypal.

My copy of Gulliver should be on the way, can't wait to finally watch this the right way after the sketchy VHS viewing in the 80's.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks