What's new

Fleetwood Mac "Say You Will" DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
So, anyone had a chance to listen to this new DVD-A? I picked it up at BB for 14.99 after work.

I'm not sure what to think of it yet. I listened to the hi-res surround mix just once. The songs are hit and miss with me. Lindsey seems to be experimenting a lot. Stevie in good on some songs and weak on others.

Sound quality is good and the mix OK. Nothing to get too excited about. I believe it will take a few more listens before I truely know how I feel about this one.

The package has a DTS logo on it but I was unable to find a DTS track.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
The package has a DTS logo on it but I was unable to find a DTS track.
Depending on how the disc was authored, you probably won't be able to acess the DTS track if your player is defaulted to DVD-A mode (not a big deal).

Thanks for the input on the disc. Hopefully my copy gets here tomorrow so I can give it a good listen.

J

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I picked this up today at Tower for $11.99 - the same price as its CD counterpart. The DVD-A's were not found in the Kiosk's along with the CD's - where they should be, but instead in the audiophile DVD-A/SACD section. I apparently bought the last one.

Reg

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I feel that this disc is half Stevie Nicks Solo and half Lindsey Buckinham. I listened to it twice yesterday while cleaning and thought it sounded pretty good, but nothing struck me as great. The menu, lack of lyrics and pictures really leaves a lot to be desired! More critical listening will happen today!

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Keith,

I have only listened to the first 6 tracks so far (there are 18 on this one), but like about half of what I hear so far. The 5.1 surround mix appears to be a conservative one, with not much outside of ambiance coming from the rears. I will be doing more listening ove the weekend. Dan is right that the package does appear to have been a little rushed to meet the day and date release with the CD counterpart. There is no DTS track and no extras whatsoever.

Reg

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Another sign of the possible rush job: I looked at this yesterday and that new & very convenient sound format chart is not present. Tsk, tsk.

If there really are dvd-audio's for Meteora and American Life on the way, and they have been delayed messing up the day/date release thing (I read this on HFR) I hope the delay was to make SURE they are done correctly.

And: knowing Madonna's habit of doing things in detail (for example, I read somewhere that in her contract she supposedly has a "high sound quality" clause written in there) & since Reanimation was done so well, I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I hope Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots & The Cars are done properly too.

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks