Flavored Vodka?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone every make their own? I was thinking of taking a couple of vanilla beans and putting them into a bottle of vodka. Seems like it would make for one smooth martini.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well, I've tried a gin martini and it tastes awful. I just don't like gin. Lets put the gin vs. vodka debate in the martini thread.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I actually just did this very thing a few weeks ago. My mom gave me one of those super long vanilla beans so I popped it into a new bottle of Finlandia. I'm not sure when I'll give it a taste test.

PhillJones

Second Unit
Somebody once told me you can put a square of chocolate or a werthers original in vodka and just wait for it to disolve.

Never tried it so I can't vouch for it.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Why not just buy the vodka in the flavor of your choice? There must be 1,000 to choose from by now.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

yeah, I heard the Russians came out with Polonium-flavored Vodka.

Jay

...wow, there are so many jokes to this spy thing...

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Presumably because you can choose a favored vodka and put in ingredients that you trust. Will it taste better than a commercially available flavoured vodka? Beats me. I'd do the research, but a combination of age verification and flash use makes most alcohol sites annoying.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff

Nah!!! Get off your butt and do some real field research. It will be a lot more fun. Try them all and decided if you like it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I would love to, but it wouldn't fit the budget at the moment. So I've got a bottle of Tito's I'm going to try the beans on, as soon as my wife tells me where the beans are

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StanfordB