Flatscreen 27" TV's: Phillips vs. Sony vs. Toshiba .. which one???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Stanton, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Drew Stanton

Drew Stanton Extra

Hey fellas. I am in the midst of putting together my home theatre set. I am not lookin for anything too big and something I can move in/out my dorm room when I have to leave/move in. And I have settled on a 27" flatscreen. Now here's the question: which one should I go w/? I work at a Best Buy, and I have seen these 3 tv's right next to eachother w/the same tv show on em. At first before I looked at all of them, I was definite w/the wega. But now I am not sure since I have seen them all. Also, I *DO* like the placement of the speakers on the wega (under as opposed to the sides). I can not tell a big difference as in the quality of picture and such. But what do you all think of these? Which one is the one to go with? And don't let the price get into effect of your decision, cause I am not making that an issue (some people dont like sony cause the wega's are overpriced, plz don't give reasons like that). And please don't give me biased reasons, like you like the Phillips the best because thats the one you have. Thanks guys!
    -Drew

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, but speaking from experience, I would definatly go with a Sony VVega. I have one, and it's beatiful, espessialy in anamorphic mode, it really makes my dvd's sing!
    ------------------
    The Multi Channel Animal's truly, madly, deeply in love with Estella Warren!

3. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Moved to Tv and Projectors......
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
    Send Email: [email protected]

4. Michael Ipp

Michael Ipp Stunt Coordinator

I am lookinf for a FS 27" as well. But for me it will be a bedroom set. I had the 36" WEGA XBR400, I likied it but for the money I like the Toshiba 27AF41. With $$ saved you could get some other really nice equipment.