Flatliners??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JavierS, Feb 15, 2002.

1. JavierS

JavierS Stunt Coordinator

I recently saw the new (eww) cover for the rerelease of Flatliners, it was under 10 bucks so I was going to pick it up but I don't know if it is Anamorphic. Can someone please tell me if the current release of Flatliners is Anamorphic?

2. Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, it's anamorphic. I has pan & scan on one side, and anamorphic widescreen on the other. It's not the greatest transfer in the world, but then again it's a fairly old release. The most disappointing aspect to the disc, though, is the soundtrack--it's only Dolby 2.0; no 5.1 version is included. But for an older disc like this, it's overall pretty decent, and definitely worth ten bucks, in my opinion.

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I watched this for the first time last night, and I found the picture to be extremely soft. I realize this was one of Columbia's early transfers, but I was under the impression that their early ones were still pretty good. I'm sure I've become used to today's pristine transfers from newer films, but I still think this could look better. Anyone else notice this?

4. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Anyone know if this one will get a re-release? I like the movie, but have skipped a purchase because it lacks 5.1 sound and from I've heard about the soft transfer.

Thanks,

Geo

5. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins