Flat speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Gavin.F, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Gavin.F

Gavin.F Extra

Im looking for some flat speakers to place on my wall, for the rears of a 7.1 system. Basically, I want them as flat as possible, but able to produce reasonably good sound from a Denon 2803. Any recommendations would be most welcome.

I cant actually mount it into the wall, so that options out.

2. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Tha January issue of Sound and Vision mag has an article about 7 speaker systems you can hang on a wall that compliment flat panel displays, B&W, Canton, Def Tech, Jamo, Martin Logan, Polk, and Sonance. The article is about entire speaker systems but it might offer some suggestions to get you started.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Paradigm also has the On-wall series of their monitor line. I don't know how it compares with the standard monitor line (same drivers, AFAIK), but being an owner of mini-monitors (for a little while longer, anyway), they may just sound great. Worth knowing about anyway.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Hi there, Gavin.

When asking for advice about particular speakers, please post here. The Basics area is for general discussion of home-theater concepts at the beginner level. Thanks. And good luck.