Flat speaker wire suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_H, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Steve_H

Steve_H Auditioning

I need to run speaker wire under carpet for my rear channel speakers. I've seen some really flat wire sold by Audio Advisor. Any suggestions as to good quality, not too expensive types? 1 run will be about 15', the other about 20'.

I need to make a pretty quick decision. Carpet will be layed in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for any help.

2. ling_w

ling_w Second Unit

I was looking for flat wires also. Thought about the Audioquest F-18, which Audio Advisor has. Anybody know anything about it? It says it is Litz, but what's a side by side litz? Is it better than the Nordst or the old Madrigal flat metal wire?

3. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Nordost flatline gold. Very nice cable for not too much money.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

5. Kevin Simon

Kevin Simon Extra

Here is a reponse I got from DeCorp today:

"We will begin selling 50' and 100' rolls with connectors through our web sight by the end of January. Our product line will range from 12 - 18 AWG, all less than 13/1000 of an inch thin. Prices are dependant on style and AWG you choose. Our products will be competitively priced with other high performance loudspeaker cable. Keep watching the web sight for the full details by the end of the month. Thank you for your interest in our flat wire ready technologies."