What's new

Flat screen or HDTV messing up lightgun? (1 Viewer)

Jacqueline C

Agent
I bought a new Panasonic television (model CT36HX42F)which has a flat screen and is HDTV ready although I don't have the special receiver yet. I have several Guncon games, and Guncons, Guncon2's as well as aftermarket lightguns. They all worked with my old tv. Now I can't Calibrate any of the guns. The guncon, which I can't recalibrate, shoots about a foot to the right of where I aim and the other guns don't hit anything at all. Anybody have this problem? Does this mean that modern tv's can't play lightgun games?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I believe the line doubler in your HDTV is what is causing the problems, ask in the video game secions for the names of some good guns that will work with a line doubler.

John Royster

Screenwriter
I believe the line doubler does mess up light guns. Most all HDTVs that I know of will take a 480i signal (called standard defintion, TV, video games, etc) and turn it into 480p, 540p, 1080i, 720p, etc.

You may want to search the video game forum as I've read about this quite a few times.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Yes the line doubler is active even without a HD source, actually i think its only disabled with a HD source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks