What's new

Flat RG6 or other sub cable (1 Viewer)

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I'm looking for flat RG6 or flat sub cable- can't find it. Any suggestions?

I need to run the cable under a rug unfortunatly.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You could use a budget-grade RCA cable, like the kind that come with in the box with components, if you can find one long enough. They’re pretty thin and would hardly be noticeable, provided you have sufficient padding.

If you can’t find an appropriate length, you’ll have to custom-make your own – run some install-grade cable and solder on RCAs to both ends.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Wayne,
I'm not sure what "install-grade cable" is? Do I ask for this at a hardware store or radio shack? I might just try the extra padding, although I prefer not to.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
try calling some TV repair places. They just might be able to hook you up with some. Most of the stuff I've seen that's commercially available is like 8" and designed to go under, doors, slider, and windows.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Chu,
Great quote!

Thanks for the help everyone!

For the meantime, I went with 12" Radio Shack Gold Audio cable, seperated the lines, coupled them, and attached them to the sub via a y-spliter.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Chu,
Great quote!

Thanks for the help everyone!

For the meantime, I went with 12" Radio Shack Gold Audio cable, seperated the lines, coupled them, and attached them to the sub via a y-spliter.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jose,

I'm not sure what "install-grade cable" is? Do I ask for this at a hardware store or radio shack?
It’s cable designed for installation – in-wall, etc. It typically has a thinner jacket than interconnects. RS might have some – any store that specializes in home theater can probably sell you some by the foot.

Just remember, though, that you will have to do your own RCA ends.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.