flat panel TV stand dimensions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jay H, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I'm going to be buying a TV stand pretty much just for a 32-35" flat panel TV and wondering what kind of stand I should buy, specifically, how wide a base should I buy?

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

2. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

Depends on what you want the stand to do -- just hold the screen? house all the electronics? provide a place for the LF/RF speakers?

The TV is going to come with a pedestal support, as minimum the furniture under that should be a bit wider if you're going to put the speakers on separate stands.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Just hold the TV and center speaker, probably..well definitely, below it.

I have a separate cabinet for all my electronics... all 10 units of them [​IMG]

jay

4. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

Then I guess the answer is "however wide you want" with the minimum being slightly over the measurement of the outside edges of the "feet" on the pedestal.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Well, that was my question, how wide would the pedestal be on a 30-35' flat panel tv screen. Knowing that the pedestal might not be as wide as the whole screen, I have to get a stand that at least will cover the pedestal.

In any case, I bought one at IKEA that should cover any pedestal for the size of the TV I'm looking at..

Jay

6. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

Funny but that wasn't what I read as your question, might be what you meant tho'. And at this point I don't understand how anyone would know how wide the pedestal would be since it depends on the TV which you didn't specify. And that assumes the pedestal isn't one of the many after-market ones available.

Every model is going to be different depending on size of the bezel and whether the speakers are on the side or bottom. Research it. Visit few manufacturer's sites, all the info is there. Get the specs for the outside width and look at the images to get an idea how wide the pedestal is compared to the panel.

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Sorry for the confusion!

I gather the pedestals that come with LCD TVs are height adjustable? That's the reasoning I think I was going to go with a TV stand. Plus, I would need to put my center speaker somewhere and I can't mounnt the TV on the wall. It seems that many mfgrs don't list the pedestal width, just the entire LWH and Depth of the entire unit anyway.

Jay