What's new

Flat Panel ?'s (1 Viewer)

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a non-HD 20" SONY WEGA TV in use as a monitor using a AVerKey 300 Gold TV to Computer connection. It works but looks pretty bad as a daily use desktop monitor. I have a progressive scan capable DVD-SACD ( I'm using the component out but not the PS ) / 6.1 Surround system connected in the home office. I would like to attach a 18" - 19" FP to the computer and would like to be able to watch DVD's on the FP using my existing player rather than installing a DVD drive in the computer ( no AGP slot ) Any way to make a connection to take advantage of the progressive scan capability with a FP monitor ? Seems as if the only thing I can find that can serve as a computer monitor and HD ready TV are actual HD ready TV's, a 17" 16x9 runs around 1.4K and UP. That's just to expensive ! Marantz makes a 15" HD ready TV that can be found for 620.oo but I would like a larger display. Any one know of a video capture solution that might work. I might have to settle for non PS input, but thought I would post this here. Thanks !

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Sony SDM-V72W. 17.1" widescreen flat panel 1280x768 with VGA, DVI, and HD component inputs. It accepts HD component signals so I presume that is inclusive of progressive scan DVD 480p component signals.

It's $800 at Best Buy, and if you buy before June 30, there's a $200 mail-in rebate.

If I didn't already have a pair of 20.1" 1600x1200 flat panels, I'd be interested in it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks