What's new

Flashdance Special Edition in September (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Flashdance (Special Collector’s Edition) on 18th September 2007. Jennifer Beals stars as Alex Owens, a fiercely determined 18-year-old with one all-consuming dream: to study at the Pittsburgh Conservatory of Dance. Working during the day as a welder and at night as an exotic dancer. Alex bravely pursues her dream, undertaking an unforgettable journey that reveals the power of her convictions and teaches her the meaning of love.

Extras include:

* The History of the Flashdance
* The Look of Flashdance
* Flashdance: Music and Songs
* Flashdance: The Choreography
* Releasing the Flashdance Phenomenon
* Teaser Trailer
* Theatrical Trailer
* TV Spot

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Alright! I've been secretly hoping that they would upgrade this title. I'm glad I held off on buying it. It's a favorite movie of mine...I even quoted it (sort of) in my yearbook quote section when I graduated in 2001.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

It would've been cool, though, if Paramount made a deal with Lions Gate' so they could include the "Flashdance"-inspired video "Ultraflash", which also featured scantily clad women interpreting 80s dance songs.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I won't lie, I'm excited. Absolute guilty pleasure for me, I admit that I even own the soundtrack on remastered CD. That and Footloose were my fave soundtracks of the 80's

Esten

Supporting Actor
It looks a little better than what i saw of the old disc, but I'm not sure if they used noise reduction on the video or what. It looks a little smoothed-over.

The video featurettes are good, but the only thing that's sorely missing from this disc is a Lyne commentary. Not sure why he wouldn't have done one.

Anyone else hate these awful disc hubs? The movie disc was free-floating in the case when I got it. No damage though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks