flash/thumb drive?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Christ Reynolds, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'm looking for one of those keychain drives, i need to take some files to and from school to work on them, emailing them to myself is a major pain in the ass. i only really NEED about 16 megs, but i wouldnt mind getting 64 megs. 128 is overkill for me. anyway, i found a couple at bestbuy.com for around $31, is this a good deal? could i do better elsewhere? i'd prefer one that can be put on a keychain, i like this one. you guys think i could get a better deal elsewhere? thanks

CJ

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I use my 256 meg flash drive all the time for moving files around the office and to home etc. They're fantastic and well worth the minimal cost. I know you said you only need 16 megs but for the small extra cost I'd get at least a 64 meg version since you'll find yourself using it for all sorts of things you might never have though about! As for quality just make sure its a USB 2.0 drive and you'll be all set.

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

J&R Music World has a SanDisk usb 2.0 drive that is 128mb for 34.99. I know you said you don't need that much, but for only $3 it seems worth it to me.

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I recently got a 64 MB Kingston USB drive at OfficeMax for about $10 (after rebates).

5. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I know you said 128MB was overkill for you...but for almost the same price as the one you found at Best Buy you can get this .