Flash Gordon SE?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Yep it's camp and cheesy but it works, and I love it. Any chance of an SE of this movie, or do I just buy the R2?

Cheers...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The manager at my local Suncoast thinks there's an SE on the way, because the "newsletter" that people enrolled in their repeat purchase program mentioned that it was on the way in 2002.

He may be right, since Universal regained control of this title from Image. An SE of Silent Running is next month, so Flash Gordon wouldn't surprise me at all.

I love it, too!

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
Flash Gordon is one of my all-time favorite cheesy movies. Believe it or not, I have it at number 10 on my top movie list right now. A special edition, I would think, should be a no-brainer.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Cool. You see I had a feeling I saw it somewhere but the obvious R1 source would be The Digital Bits and their News Search never works for me - I just get a 404 or similar error...

Cheers.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Theo, you didn't miss anything. I haven't seen The Bits talk about a FG SE at all...not in the Rumor Mill or anywhere else. I coulda missed something, but I doubt it.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
FLASH! Ahhhaahhh--king of the impossible!
You gotta love that killer Queen soundtrack--my first record purchase as a child.

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Klytus, I'm bored with waiting for a good release of this film. This one definitely has a soundtrack begging for a remaster and a picture that should be cleaned, color corrected, and anamorphically enhanced. Even if any new edition is a fairly bare-bones release, if they could fix these things I would upgrade in a second.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I still have my replacement copy as the first run had audio problems. Soon as i see some sorta confirmation that this is coming i will stick my current copy on ebay. LONG LIVE FLASH!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Flash Gordon would make my SE Wish List! I proudly list this movie as a longtime favorite. I'd get the Image one if I could find it cheap...or would I?

I've lost count of how many times I've seen this movie.
"No! Not the bore worms! Father! Damn you, Father!"

Plus it's got a James Bond, a tree monster, a killer disco soundtrack, and the Fiddler on the Roof.
All in all, a perfect film...for what it is. I'll dance a jig when this SE is announced.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Scott,

I believe I just saw a new copy of Flash Gordon for sale at my local FYE (CD & DVD store) for $14.99. You might want to check stores like that if you still might want to buy it.

Jimmy!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Did you say DISCO!!!??? THAT'S NOT DISCO, THAT'S ROCK & ROLL WITH A FUNK TWIST BUDDY!!!
QUEEN RULES!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
...............DISCO.......(mumbling)....Dare to call Queen's rocking jams.."disco"....mumble mumble...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manishatbneha