Flash Gordon Animated

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sam Favate, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    What a nice job BCI did with this series! Its good to see one of the old Filmation cartoons given such good treatment (as I suspect Paramount will do with the upcoming Star Trek animated). The only complaint I have is the case (same style as the Alf season sets, which are prone to damage in shipping), but the artwork and the extras are top notch. Info inside the set says the series Defenders of Earth is coming in 2 sets, beginning later this year. That's a series that also utilizes Flash Gordon and characters from his long history, as well as other King Features Syndicates comic strip characters, like The Phantom.

Anyway, this release kind of came out of nowhere for me, and it's a very pleasant surprise.

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I considered picking this one up on Tuesday. Ultimately, I passed because I had never seen the show before.

I do have Defenders of the Earth on my buy list, though. I always enjoyed the show and that theme song.

3. Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson Second Unit

I had forgotten how much I liked this show. Brought me back to my Saturday mornings as a kid. They really did an awesome job with this release.

I hope Thundarr the Barbarian gets this kind of treatment one day.

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I was really a Fan of the Show, the animation was'nt great and it was much in the style of the Trek Series, but the Stories were fantastic and it seemed like they were trying to reach an older audience, something that would'nt be done again until Batman TAS