What's new

International Flash Gordon (1980) (4k UHD) 8/3/20 (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Barbarella was cut to get a PG rating and re-released in late 1977 to cash in on the success of Star Wars, so it may have been on De Laurentiis's mind when he started thinking about Flash.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
And I sincerely mean this with all the love and kindness I can muster

I HATE YOU, truly I do
You'll really hate me when I tell you Universal prints are pristine.

I also saw a 35mm print of Flash Gordon in 2007 at the New Beverly. Timothy Dalton was there and he was interviewed by Edgar Wright. The first question Edgar asked was, "Did you fuck Ornella Muti?"

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

I also saw a 35mm print of Flash Gordon in 2007 at the New Beverly. Timothy Dalton was there and he was interviewed by Edgar Wright. The first question Edgar asked was, "Did you fuck Ornella Muti?"
What did he answer? Or was he a true gentleman?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You are correct, my disdain grows with each word in that post.

Why don;t you just finish with story with Ms Muti and Anderson serving you drinks and sitting at your sides the whole night, then Jane Fonda decided to fly all of you to New Zealand on her private jet for a 2 week long after party with a return trip with a week's stopover in Switzerland. Yeah -- just make me your puppet and watch me dance for a treat.

Last edited:

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian

I lived down the street and regret not going to that screening. How did i pass up a chance to meet one of my favorite 007's?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As of yesterday, Fry's had the 2-disc 4K limited edition for $40 and free shipping. I wasn't going to splurge the extra $20 just for the Life After Flash disc, but I caved. Incidentally, for those who don't have Amazon Prime, you can watch Life After Flash free with ads on Tubi. (Or could, as of a few weeks ago.) I watched it there in an attempt to dissuade myself from buying the LE. You can see how well that worked. :) At least this disc is new and has more extras than the existing LAF release.

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
Does the new 4k disc include the fantastic short teaser with just Sydow's voice saying "Earth is doomed, etc, who will save you now ?" and the title spins into view and then "Coming This Summer"? I've only seen it on my VHS trailer comp Grampas Sci-Fi Hits...it's one of my favorite teasers ever.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
2.0. This was never mixed for 70mm so the range probably isn't the greatest.
Then you would be missing an excellent track.
The 5.1 via Dolby Surround with height speakers sounds better than many Atmos tracks!

The colours,sets and costumes are breathing taking even if the acting is not,but that's part of the fun.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Then you would be missing an excellent track.
The 5.1 via Dolby Surround with height speakers sounds better than many Atmos tracks!

The colours,sets and costumes are breathing taking even if the acting is not,but that's part of the fun.

Thanks for breaking that tie, John :) Interesting comment about the height speakers. I'll listen for that. I did do a quick A/B test when the disc arrived, but to be completely honest, didn't hear a big difference between the tracks. At any rate, I'm still trying to schedule time with my teenager to sit down and watch the thing!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
More OMG: Topol, Brian Blessed, and Timothy Dalton are in this movie. I’ve going to have to consider this one, I just hope they don’t charge $39 for it. 4K or not, I need this to be at about $20.
Happily the 1-disc is $20. Is the second disc worth another $33.
Happy to oblige, Ron.

To paraphrase Roy Scheider ... "I'm going to need a bigger shelf!!"

View attachment 74776

Or.....Perhaps..... A bigger room!!

And this doesn't include the rest of the DVD's, BD's and 4K BD's..... Not to mention 20 or so years of laserdiscs!!!

Gotta LOVE physical media though. :P
Do I see 2 identical tins of Forbidden Planet? If you’re going to have two of something, that’s a good one. It’s my favorite tin along with the original King Kong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks