What's new

Flash Forward - season 1 (2 Viewers)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought, after the Nazi gave no real useful info, (apparently), that the German prison official, who didn't want him freed, should have told the Nazi, "looks like your vision was wrong" and then shot him. :D

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

What about Demetri's fiances' FF? She says he's in the Wedding but he sees nothing? They make a point of not showing him in her FF but can't see her marrying someone else within 6 months of her fiance's murder on the same date they set. No way in hell that would happen......unless she is a bad girl.
So far people have known what they were thinking or feeling in their FF. So, she would appear to have been thinking she was marrying her current fiance. So, maybe there is a conflict here. I guess we'll have to see how it develops and see if he really gets murdered in March. His murder possibly is the one that the Nazi refers to in his FF?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

What about Demetri's fiances' FF? She says he's in the Wedding but he sees nothing? They make a point of not showing him in her FF but can't see her marrying someone else within 6 months of her fiance's murder on the same date they set. No way in hell that would happen......unless she is a bad girl.
Once again, the FFs are evidence without context. She says she's on the beach and that she sees him. But she only sees that two minute (or less, some flashes seem confused) slice of her life. She knows what she is thinking and feeling in that moment she is crossing the sand, but not what comes before or after it. For all we know we are seeing Dimitri's funeral - the men up ahead are waiting for her so they can scatter his ashes on what would have been their wedding day. As she approaches, she thinks about what she would have felt and thought if she'd been walking towards the marriage instead, indulging in a bit of fantasy. Out of context, she'd have no way of telling the difference.

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by NeilO

So far people have known what they were thinking or feeling in their FF. So, she would appear to have been thinking she was marrying her current fiance. So, maybe there is a conflict here. I guess we'll have to see how it develops and see if he really gets murdered in March. His murder possibly is the one that the Nazi refers to in his FF?
the murder was proabably a reference to the crows, who may have been murdered by whatever the anomoly is or that a group of crows is a "murder".

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Co-worker told me that this show is based on a book
though much of it has been changed.

Wonder if the show will conclude as the book has
whereas someone already knows the answer to what
is happening.
The tv show is based on the book by Toronto SF writer Robert J Sawyer. In the book the cause for the flash is immediately known.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Pretty slow episode IMO. If the central story arc is only going to be about what (or who) caused the flash and what happens in the future on "flash" day, then I don't see how ABC expects to ride this out for more than a season or two. The "mystery" is not very compelling and none of the lead characters are particularly interesting of even likable. Maybe with the introduction of Simon, things will pick up, but this program has been heading south for me since the (decent enough) pilot.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by pitchman

Pretty slow episode IMO. If the central story arc is only going to be about what (or who) caused the flash and what happens in the future on "flash" day, then I don't see how ABC expects to ride this out for more than a season or two. The "mystery" is not very compelling and none of the lead characters are particularly interesting of even likable. Maybe with the introduction of Simon, things will pick up, but this program has been heading south for me since the (decent enough) pilot.
Based on interviews, the producers claim to have mapped out a 5-season story arc (which they've shared with ABC). Not sure what comes in Seasons 2-5, as they're supposed to reach the flash-forward date by the end of this first season.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they don't fully realize who caused the flash forward until then. There's still finding out what organization they work for, tracking them down, trying to prevent future events, etc. There's no reason there can't be another flash forward. I just don't get the feeling the series is boxed in.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Indeed Mikah. I enjoyed this episode the most, next to the pilot. Finally some reveals and the last shot was great to see.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so far the last few eps have been a ore for me and nothing important happens until the last 30 seconds when something interesting is shown.

all the melodrama and soap opera for the first 59 minutes isn't doing anything for me.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I wonder what the babysitter and the Priest are doing in their FF, is he baptizing her or is he trying to drown her? Well, come to think of it, she felt she was being drowned so that rules out baptizim correct?

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Yeah..It's pretty good.

One silly plot thing though...they go on about people and things being important because they were 'seen' pinned to the board.
And yet he pins them to the board BEFORE he checks them out. So actually the board proves little as the things are on there before they are even checked as being important.

Surely it would be best to actually pin the names/leads on the board AFTER they have been checked out?

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Well....Take the Nazi.

They initially thought that he had stiffed them. And they had let a war criminal go for no reason.
And if that had been true...the only reason he would have been able to fool them was because they went to him in the first place.
And the only reason they did that was because of the board...so why not check the leads out first, and then stick them on the boad only when they have checked out.
Otherwise...they could indeed have let a Nazi go for no reason.

Check before you stick it up I say!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by 42nd Street Freak /forum/thread/293275/flash-forward-season-1/90#post_3618966
I wonder what the babysitter and the Priest are doing in their FF, is he baptizing her or is he trying to drown her? Well, come to think of it, she felt she was being drowned so that rules out baptizim correct?
Not necessarily. She could be having a form of panic attack. It's like if you've ever been at the bottom of a pool and you suddenly run out of air and are desperate to get to the surface. Even if you get there quickly, it feels like a longer amount of time and you think you're drowning. It could be something like that. Could be. Or, maybe she really is being murdered.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by 42nd Street Freak

They initially thought that he had stiffed them. And they had let a war criminal go for no reason.
And if that had been true...the only reason he would have been able to fool them was because they went to him in the first place.
And the only reason they did that was because of the board...so why not check the leads out first, and then stick them on the boad only when they have checked out.
Otherwise...they could indeed have let a Nazi go for no reason.

Check before you stick it up I say!
The flashforward is influencing the future but IF the future is set then that's the way it had to happen to get to that point anyway.

While speaking of the Nazi, I find it impossible to buy that the feds were so dumb that they didn't specify that the Nazi had to give useful information in order to be freed. What reason did he have to give them real information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks