What's new

Flash Forward - season 1 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The Complete Series DVD announcement can be seen at

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/FlashForward-The-Complete-Series/13871

The 5-disc set will run approx. 946 minutes, and is presented in anamorphic widescreen video with English Dolby Digital Surround Sound and subtitles in French and Spanish. Bonus materials consist of Bloopers, Deleted Scenes, "Architects of Destiny", "FlashForward on Set", "Meet Yuko", "Kangaroo?", "Interviews from the Mosaic Collective" plus "Creating Catastrophe: The Effects of a Global Blackout" and "FlashForward: A Look Ahead". All of that is taken from the retailer sell sheet

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Maybe not exciting enough for TV, but I certainly wouldn't have been out celebrating, driving, flying, etc. when I knew the blackout was coming up.

We'll never know, but the second flash forward must have killed at least a few million people.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just finished the book. It was quite interesting. The series used a number of concepts and ideas from the book, but went in a completely different direction. Still, there were interesting parallels.

asdf

Auditioning
Real Name
asd
Start as Jonathan Stock.com 4 years ago, sold sheepskin UGG boots from UGG boots china factory, in UGG boots wholesale price, UggInStock.com now have a experienced, effective team specialize in marketing, purchase, logistics, and after-sale service. With their efficient corporation, every trade process from orders to after-sales service, wholesalers can have the most considerate and effective service. When interviewing with Jonathan, the manager of UggInStock.com he pointed out that business is not only means earning money, its deeper meaning is trust and long-term benefit of all the participants. To achieve this goal, a businessman should build a team that energetic, enthusiastic, and efficient to provide the best service for their customers. He add that in 4 year of selling UGG boots, he and his stuff insist on giving their customer the most preferential price with the best quality. UGG boots china is absolutely trustful, and the UGG boots wholesale price is definitely beneficial to the wholesaler and their customers.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Robert J Sawyer is a great writer and as a someone local to me - Toronto - I have had the good fortune of meeting him on several occasions and coming to one of his house parties he holds from time to time.

Have read all his books and FlashForward, oddly enough, is my least favourite. In the book it is hard to buy that the world would not hold the people responsible for trial. Plus some factions or individuals would come after them for revenge.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Have read all his books and FlashForward, oddly enough, is my least favourite. In the book it is hard to buy that the world would not hold the people responsible for trial. Plus some factions or individuals would come after them for revenge.
I thought he addressed the responsibility question well enough in the book. As far as revenge, there was one aspect of that addressed, but if he wanted to deal with that more it would have been a completely different book.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Robert J Sawyer is a great writer and as a someone local to me - Toronto - I have had the good fortune of meeting him on several occasions and coming to one of his house parties he holds from time to time.
I wrote him a note this morning and within 15 minutes he wrote back saying among other things:

I'm not at liberty to divulge what might have been intended for future seasons, but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed my novel!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm not at liberty to divulge what might have been intended for future seasons, but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed my novel!

I do hope they had enough time and money in putting together the DVD release to include some information on where the show was going.

Regards,

Joe

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino

I do hope they had enough time and money in putting together the DVD release to include some information on where the show was going.

Regards,

Joe

There's also a "new edition" of the novel coming out soon (next week?), so perhaps there are a few comments on the show in there.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching it, and wow, what a fantastic show. I suspect that if they'd given the audience of Lost a chance to breathe by waiting a season or two after Lost ended before bringing FlashForward onto the air, they'd have had a hit. But they rushed it, not appreciating that people wanted some time off after so many years of following Lost.

The show was expertly written in terms of having multiple storylines overlapping, without any storyline ever seeing to be irrelevant (except perhaps that bearded AA buddy off in Somalia or whereever he was). The production values were great, the acting was top notch -- with a special nod to James Callis for managing to make me think it must be some other actor who simply resembled James Callas, Sonya Walger for proving that her special-ness in Lost was not a fluke, Dominic Monaghan for completely erasing any trace of "Charlie" from my mind, John Cho for proving that he's not limited to dumb sci-fi childrens' films, and the British guy from the Pirates movies for being a fair bit more than a Hugh Grant xerox. And Ricky Jay, the actor from all those David Mamet films, was just as creepy in FlashForward as he usually is with Mamet.

Would be nice to get a mini-series to round up the bad guys and finish everything, but for the single season that they gave us, they gave us a show that was the best parts of Alias, Lost, 24, and other high-effort types of shows.

Well worth it.

I imagine I'll read the book soon.

I guess it is more realistic to expect that perhaps the book will be remade into a movie. Different cast, no direct relation to the series. Easier to do as a film -- less of all that character-centric material which I personally love but which some people see as a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks