What's new

Flaming Lips: AWWTM CD/DVD coming 10/24 (1 Viewer)

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
As hard as it has been to not buy the At War With the Mystics CD when it came out, I'm glad I held out. musictap is reporting that the Lips' latest disc will be out in a CD/DVD package on Oct. 24. I would imagine this will be like The Soft Bulletin release, which had the album on CD, and then on the DVD-A disc have it remixed in 5.1 with some videos and such. Can't wait.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I can't wait either. Their music seems to be fit for 5.1 surround.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Anybody pick this up? I had to wait until today because Best Buy's shipments were late. On a first listen, I like it better than The Soft Bulletin 5.1

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was going to pick it up yesterday, but the l;ocal B&M stores have been absolutly pathetic with their stocking habbits the past few months. I'll probably have to order it online.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Feedback on the DVDtalk forum seems pretty positive thus far. I'll probably pick this one up on Sunday, I see online that my local Borders has this stocked. Jeremy - how are the extras on the DVD disc? There's 30 tracks!?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I finally found this locally and picked it up.

I didn't fall in love with this when the CD came out, but I did with this one. The 5.1 mix is great, and really added to the songs. The extras are top notch, the out takes are great, the radio perfomances are even better, with lots of different interpretaions of the songs and the videos are as wacky as you would expect a Flaming Lips video to be (must buy FL DVDS!). The high school comencement speach is priceless, funny and touching all at the same time.

Top notch set.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

These guys gets lots of points for originality and they support surround sound in a big way, but I sure wish Wayne could either sing or would use someone that could sing. I seem to be the only person that tires of his off key singing.

Chris

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I thnk he's like Axel Rose and other guys, in that his voice is very much his own. I like the fragile honesty and almost naive quality, when matched to his lyrics are possitivly charming.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Still need to pick this one up. Every time I check BB, it's not there. I may just have to order it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks