What's new

Fixing the Wega oversqueeze - My method correct? (1 Viewer)

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
I read that you can fix the oversqueeze in the service menu by upping the asp parameters. However, I got to the max number and the oversqueeze was still present. So I decided to go to the DVD menu and change the tv to 16:9. Then I turned on the 16:9 enhanced mode. It worked, no overqueeze. Is this an acceptable way to fix the oversqueeze? And will it work on all DVDs or did I get lucky?

Thanks for any help,
Adam

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Adam- I'm not quite sure what you are asking. But if I'm interpreting your question correctly, it sounds like you were previously using the squeeze mode on your TV but didn't have your DVD player set to 16x9. If so, you certainly would not have had an accurate picture. By the same token, if you have your DVD player set to 16x9 but don't use the squeeze mode on anamorphic DVDs, you also won't have an accurate picture. If you use the squeeze mode (anamorphic DVDs only) and you have your DVD player set to 16x9, you should be in pretty good shape.

Good luck!
Steve K.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
What SteveK said.

To properly display a widescreen anamorphic picture on a 4:3 display, the DVD player must be set to output a 16:9 picture and the TV must be in 16:9 anamorphic mode. In short, your TV is now a 16:9 TV and requires a 16:9 input.

Oversquueze is a different issue that some people have complained about but has never been a problem on my 36XBR450.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks