Fixing Corner Discoloration on Tube TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattStills, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MattStills

MattStills Auditioning

Hey,

I wrote in a few days ago about my Panasonic CT27D12D with discoloration in four corners of the screen (upper right yellow, lower right and lower left blue/green, upper left no discoloration). It's been so annoying when playing Madden PS2 (it shows real nicely on the green field) that I must do something about it.

As far as home fixes, I've heard of placing magnets inside (or could they go outside to see if that will help before I bust open the TV?)? Anything else you guys can think of would help. IT's driving me crazy and I've already gone thruogh 2 TVs, I'm not hauling this one anywhere.

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

For some reason panny tubes are more prone to discoloration. Move your TV around the room if you can and see if the coloring changes ... often ambient magnetic fields will affect the tV.

Regards

3. MattStills

MattStills Auditioning

I heard that and was excited at the possibility of the fix being that easy... I couldn't move it too far but I did move it a foot from the wall and angled it differently and the distortion remained.

Hopefully I can get a technician to come out and install magnets (at least so it isnt so noticeable).

4. Mike Hamilton

Mike Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

I think you are going to find that a 27" TV does not qualify for in-home service.
    Your best bet is for them to discover that the yoke is misaligned, or the shadow mask is warped, and they authorize an exchange.