1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing Audio delay with soundbar

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by banjaboy, Jan 8, 2019.

1. banjaboy

banjaboy Auditioning

keith Sutton
    Hi all, new member here and just getting my feet wet in the Home Theatre arena. I just got a Samsung QN65Q8 panel, Samsung HW-N850 soundbar and a Samsund UHD Blue ray player....Really like the set up but had a problem when I first instaslled everything. Got a terrible audio delay using Blueray player.Hooked the player up to my TV as directed by instructions, Soundbar hooked up via ARC connection, tried all the Audio sync settings on player and soundbar, no change. I then went deeper into all manuals provided and found out the player should be connected via HDMI connection on soundbar. Problem solved. Im just relating my story in case any absolute virgins like me are out there with a similar issue. I had thought about this way of hooking it up but spoke to Samsung rep in my local Best Buy store, he works for Samsung not Best Buy and he said EVERYTHING must go through the tv! Anyway, there it is for you information, if its a silly comment pleas feel free to erase if needed. Love this forum and know I will learn lots.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Thanks for the tip! I edited the title to hopefully attract more attention in a search.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt