What's new

Fixing Audio delay with soundbar (1 Viewer)

banjaboy

Auditioning
Real Name
keith Sutton
Hi all, new member here and just getting my feet wet in the Home Theatre arena. I just got a Samsung QN65Q8 panel, Samsung HW-N850 soundbar and a Samsund UHD Blue ray player....Really like the set up but had a problem when I first instaslled everything. Got a terrible audio delay using Blueray player.Hooked the player up to my TV as directed by instructions, Soundbar hooked up via ARC connection, tried all the Audio sync settings on player and soundbar, no change. I then went deeper into all manuals provided and found out the player should be connected via HDMI connection on soundbar. Problem solved. Im just relating my story in case any absolute virgins like me are out there with a similar issue. I had thought about this way of hooking it up but spoke to Samsung rep in my local Best Buy store, he works for Samsung not Best Buy and he said EVERYTHING must go through the tv! Anyway, there it is for you information, if its a silly comment pleas feel free to erase if needed. Love this forum and know I will learn lots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks