Fixing a DVD that no longer works??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott S, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Scott S

Scott S Auditioning

This is the third time I've run across a DVD in my collection that has acquired some type of problem. Previous times the DVD locked up during a certain scene. This time the DVD is recognized as a DVD, but then the display goes to "insert disc". I've tried to run it on a PS-2 and it doesn't even recognize it (so I know it's not the player). The disc doesn't look scratched. Am I not looking close enough, if not what should I look for? And most important..can I fix it? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If it is not scratched or dirty and it does not work in multiple players then I don't suppose it can be fixed. Can you return it????

3. Scott S

Scott S Auditioning

I've played this particular DVD many times before, it just stopped working. It must have a scratch or something else going on in a critical area. Does anyone know where I would look on the Disc for the area that has the intro material, menu etc.? I assume the lead-in material would be on the inner most portion of the DVD. They do read from inside to outside .... isn't that right?

Thanks,