Fixed NFL Fever - Beta Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Fudold, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

If this is old news, then I'm sorry, but I just found this out today, and after searching the boards here, didn't see it. So, anyway:

My NFL Fever Beta hasn't worked for 3 weeks. Re-volt works, my T-shirt fits, Whacked works, and Moto GP is great. But I've been waiting for a replacement Fever for over 3 weeks now!

I read on the Xbox boards that if you boil the disc in hot water for 30 seconds, then dry it, let it cool for about 10 minutes, and pop it in... you are good to go. Well, sure as shit, it worked. I'm online with Fever now... after boiling it on the stove... how great is that?

If anyone else has this problem, try it. It worked.

Tom

2. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

I've heard of this before, but never had a problem with any of my disks :knocks on wood:. I've only heard of a few that it didn't work for, so if the situation every arises I'd probably give a shot too.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

maybe a release agent was fogging the disc and boiling takes it off?

5. Jeremy_Nelson

Jeremy_Nelson Stunt Coordinator

I've heard of this before from quite a few ppl, but it was for the OXM disks.

6. Adrian_S

Adrian_S Second Unit

I works on any DVD or Game that I have had a problem with not loading. I have no idea what boiling does, but it works.... [​IMG]

7. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

weird

8. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

i had to do that to my original demo live disc too. was very sceptical about boiling my disc but sure enough my disc worked like butter after!
    i believe i read that it had something to do with the final sealing not being done properly at the plant and boiling the disc resolved the problem.in any case it works.

9. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Yeah, I couldn't get NFL Fever to load for me, either. The guy I was trying to play said, "Hey man, you have to boil that disc for 30 seconds!" I said, "Huh??" Sure enough, I did it and it works fine now. BTW, I just got my beta kit on Thursday, so this is happening even in the latest version beta kits.
    Gary