What's new

Five Visionaries, a Newsweek special (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty much what I expected. I think they're all swell people from what I've read and heard, and the article is just another example.

I made a point in the Mystic River thread that Eastwood was being very efficient. I guess the article confirms that.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, excellent article. Thanks Oscar! Eastwood is hilarious!

--
H

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
That's a great article. I love Minghella's reaction to hearing that Eastwood cut Mystic River in a week.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
That was a great read. They're obviously quite different in their manner, but I loved the common struggles they go through.

Clint's approach to editing was great, but he is the most seasoned director among them.

Thanks for the great link.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Interesting stuff. I remember from earlier articles and stuff that Eastwood is a pretty spartan director, as few takes as are necessary, and tends to bring in projects on time and on (or under) budget. It's even more interesting to see his committment to a difficult project by agreeing to defer his own salary so the rest of the people, in particular actors, didn't have to get screwed financially -- not that he really needs any more money anyway, and his back-end deal is probably pretty good.

OT: as we now know Sofia did get nominated, making her the first American woman nominated for Best Director. Question (which might deserve a new thread): which American women have been shamefully overlooked for Best Director? And to expand, which women generally?

Unfortunately, I am embarrassed to say my knowledge on this is limited and I probably can't say anything constructive: the only ones I can think of are maybe Nora Ephron and Kathryn Bigelow, but I don't think any of their efforts were truly Oscar-worthy in the first place.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
So did the Peej show up barefoot or did he do it just for the photo shoot? Either way, I love it, very Hobbit-like :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"the Peej"??? :laugh: That's a new one!! :emoji_thumbsup:

I believe the photographer asked him to remove his shoes for the shoot. I think he's being a pretty good sport about this bare feet thing, since it comes up in just about every interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks