What's new

Five Chanels Versus DPII in Denon (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I have a denon 2802 receiver and a dvd pioner 444.
When I listen cds or dvds with PCM audio, I can select the 5 chanels option in the receiver, that sends the same sign to the fronts and rear and a mix to the center.
But...
When I put a dvd with Dolby Stereo in the dvdplayer, the 5 Chanels option is not available.
WHY???? Can I setup something to change this???

Regards,

Hi Martin.
I don’t understand why you cannot enable 5CH STEREO with Dolby Stereo (2/0/0) bit stream. It’s works on my Denon. You tell that 5CH STEREO is not available? What are the available options? Is the input mode is set to AUTO.
By the way, try analog connection between your DV-444 and your AVR-2802. Set your Denon to ANALOG, and enable 5CH SETERO. It may work.
Laurent

DonT

Stunt Coordinator
i think he means the dvd is outputting a dolby digital signal. in that case, the 5 channel option will not be available. its only available with a stereo pcm signal, as from a cd player.

i think he means the dvd is outputting a dolby digital signal. in that case, the 5 channel option will not be available. its only available with a stereo pcm signal, as from a cd player.
It’s work with my Denon (AVC-A1SR).
The Denon displays : Dolby D. 48kHz 2/0/0. And I can enable 5CH STEREO. I’ve just re-test it... It works fine. ;) In my opinion it’s worked in the same way with AVR-2802. I guess I was wrong :frowning:
Laurent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks