FISHBONE is no more.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mark Palermo, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

Well that all folks! No band's music has had as much impact on my life as Fishbone's. During their 24 years together (forming while still in junior high school) they developed a reputation of being one of the greatest live acts anywhere, despite never finding mainstream success and poor album sales. Dropped from label after label (No Doubt and the Chili Peppers constantly mention them as major influences, but nobody quite figured out how to market a black rock band), Fishbone began releasing albums on their own label in 2002. But with poor management and performing live almost every night just to make ends meet, they never quite got their act together in recording and marketing new stuff. I saw Fishbone play in Halifax last year, and it was amazing. The best concert I've ever been to. I couldn't believe how many people showed up, and everybody was really into it... a night I'll never forget. Considering the caliber of musicianship they deliver, they're all remarkably approachable and generous to their fans. But they just struggled too hard for too long. It eventually had to stop.

Fishbone announced on their November 1st show in Seattle that it would be their last. [​IMG]

Gone but not forgotten.

2. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

Man, that sucks. I was just listening to The Psychotic Friends Nuttwerx yesterday. Seems like I've been listening to Fishbone for most of my life.

3. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

I liked them...

I was a fan of cuts like "? (Modern Industry)" and "When Problems Arise". The music videos were crackerjack as well.

Shame, really.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Their appearance in "Back To The Beach" was great as well.

4. TedE

TedE Stunt Coordinator

Oh, man. That blows. They were huge for me in high school. I kind of stopped following them after some members left in the mid-nineties but Reality of My Surroundings is an amazing album. One of the greatest live shows I have ever seen as well.

I caught Angelo doing his spoken word stuff shortly after his book came out. Really nice guy.

Oh, and their greatest cameo has to be as Flyguy's theme music in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" (I think this was just Fish and Fisher, maybe Angelo as well)