What's new

First, Wharfedale. Now, Athena Technologies at Best buy! (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
First, Wharfedale. Now, athena Technologies.

Best Buy will begin selling athena Technologies speakers.....info.

Corey_ Williams

Stunt Coordinator
I have never heard theses speakers. yet, I have read good reviews.

I think that it is cool that Best Buy is trying upgrade their merchandise.

Now, if they could only get knowledgable sales persons...:b

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
athena Technologies comes from a very impressive company, API of Canada, which also manufactures Mirage and Energy speakers. Before I purchase pair of Energy C-1, I was looking to audition athena's speakers but can't find any local dealer with its new line. For what it's worth, athena has already placed several of its speakers into Stereophile magazine's "Recommended Components" list.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Now, if they could only get knowledgable sales persons...
Thats what you get when they pay there people $7-$8 an hour instead of commission. When I worked retail Commission sales I knew I had to know my stuff to get a paycheck. Some 17 year old kid at Best Buy is typically gonna know what he read off the info card in front of the product.

Now on to Athena...if memory serves me correct Athena is a subdivision of Energy speakers a lower grade devision so to speak (not that energy could make anything bad) but none the less a devision for certain retailers to carry. Where I live in Washington theres only 1 store that carrys them currently, and everyone else is like who?? I liked the Sound of the athenas but at the same time they to me did not sound nearly as good as the Energy's maybe its just in my head though.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Athena is an excellent snag for Best Buy. And, unlike many of the other authorized players for Athena, Best Buy has periodic sales and, of course, 10% off coupon weekends.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't take this as a "great" snag for best buy, it's a logical progression. Future Shop in Canada has been carrying Athena for a long time. Best Buy bought future shop and well so the story goes. Tada they are merging product!

They are nice looking and ok sounding speakers. But not top of the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks