First videoprojector choice:need help!!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by french_guy, Sep 21, 2006.

1. french_guy

french_guy Auditioning

Hello,

I’m looking for a videoprojector (my first one) to install a Home-theater room in my basement.
    I will only watch DVD. My concern is almost about image quality (and also budget of course and ease of positioning)
    I was thinking about H27 (700$ with screen @ Costco), or IN72 (good review, 1000$) or PJ-TX 100 (higher resolution for the same price, 1000$)
    But I also saw yesterday on Internet the sanyo PLV-Z4 @ 1600$ (with 1 spare lamp and 1 16/9 screen) I know they are different VP with different price and technology, but my question is simple: does the extra 600$ really worth it?

Thanks

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    First you need to decide if you want a DLP or LCD projector by viewing both types in person. Also, I would buy a 720p projector if I were you. There are 2 new 720p projectors for $999. The Optoma HD70 DLP for $999, and Benq W500 LCD for $999(due out late November).

3. TicoTVA

TicoTVA Stunt Coordinator

I actually like the Sanyo PLV-Z4 more bang for the buck. 7000:1 Contrast and lens shift. LCDs have better throw ratios than DLP too!!

Ticotva
    tvauthority.com