What's new

First upgrade since 1992 (1 Viewer)

racantilena

Auditioning
I started in 1992 with my 45 inch big screen TV as my center
Added a Kenwood 7030 Audio/video reciever complete with the latest Dolby Pro Logic 4 channel system. ( Left and Right,Center and the two rears Which played as One.)

I used Two Jensen 15 inch 3 way speakers as my fronts,HA HA
My center was a pioneer 2 way and the rears consisted of the two full range speakers that came with the TV i purchased.

UPGRADE TIME:

TV= Mitsubishi 65inch 16x9 widescreen HDTV compatible
Reciever= Pioneer vsx-813 600 watt 7:1 capable Dolby EX
Front Left and Right= Bose Am5 series cubes/w dual 8inch sub box placed under the floor firing thru a faux heater vent.
Center= Bose V100 wedge
Surround sides= Vidsonix Mg54 moviegoer series
Surround rear= Bose 101 indoor/outdoor
Subwoofer= KLM 12inch 150 watt powered front firing unit.(KLM may not be known as anything but you would be shocked as to the lows this particular sub can actually reproduce)
Cables= Of course I did tye the DVD and the DVR satellite system to the Pioneer with the proper DIGITAL cables.

Tell me what you think good or bad. You cant burst my bubble.i watch Ice Age with my kids and you can actually feel the icebergs moving,Even the cglass in the cabinets shake, he he he

RIchard

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
It's too close to Christmas...I just can't bring myself to do it to him. Anybody else wanna take a shot??:D

Robt_Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Merry Christmas, and congratulations on your new HT setup.

If you are happy with the sound and setup, that's great. Just don't read anymore responses.

Here's a preview:

Bose?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Only 65" display :rolleyes

J/K, enjoy the show.

PS: After a decade, you may want to invest in a new couch...

racantilena

Auditioning
Thanks guys

I cant wait to post photos. I might plan on making my own cabinets for this also. I like everyone elses Theaters, They look professional. Wait tilll I move into a real house as apposed to a townhouse with little room for decorations.

Richard

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
It's now after Christmas: I guess I'll be the second to comment... (I don't want to come off sounding like a snob or something, but you did ask for our suggestions and opinions, after all, or at least it read like you did). :D

When did you buy your Bose speakers, and can you still return them, or do you know of some unsuspecting relative who's in the market for speakers who doesn't know any better? :) There are far, far better speakers for the money than Bose (Definitive Tech., B&W, Tannoy, PSB, Energy, Mirage, Monitor, NHT, Vandersteen, Totem, Rocket... even Athena to name a few).

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but you got robbed by the biggest speaker hucksters in the business. I'm not kidding. Many others will back me up here.

Get yourself a Velodyne, SVS, Mirage, Alon Thunderbolt, etc. subwoofer and you'll be grinning like a fool from ear to ear. The KLM sub will sound like mud by comparison, I can almost guarantee you.

Denon, Pioneer Elite, Marantz, Rotel all make better 7.1 surround receivers for the money vs. the basic Pioneer brand you have. The amps and power supply are very important when you want to drive your speakers easily and cleanly with the least amount of damaging distortion possible.

If you're really going to upgrade... go for broke. Invest in really good, quality stuff, as it'll last you quite a while and give you a lot of solid enjoyment. Hope I didn't burst your bubble finally (that wasn't my intention), but I don't like seeing people waste their hard earned money, especially on Bose. If you can return some or all of the equipment (sans HDTV) depending on when you purchased them, or your dealer's return policy, we can help you find stuff that will be of high quality, good value, and still blow you away with the sonic improvements. That's what we're all here for, to lend a helping hand.

Good HDTV choice, by the way (ask around here about good, methodical ISF calibrators who can really make your TV look great). What DVD player and what satellite or cable service do you have?

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks