First Unread Message button location

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gregstaten, Nov 20, 2001.

1. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Looks like the move to vBulletin is going smoothly! I have one request: I'd love to see the First Unread Message button be right next to the message title. That's how it is set up on AVS Forum and it makes sense. After all, that would put it right next to where you'd otherwise (normally/previously) click. As it is now, you have to move your mouse needlessly all the way to the other side of the monitor.

Whatchathink?

-greg

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Greg:

Talk to Rob Gillespie about this. He wanted it moved all the way over to the right.

Parker

3. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

If the button were placed immediately to the left of the thread header it would be fine. When it's placed to the right or the title you end up with buttons all over the place which is why I originally asked it to be changed.

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

FWIW, I too find the current location a major pain in the ass and think it would be much easier located after the title.

5. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

That's what I'm asking for, Rob. Placing it to the left is what I think would work best. Right now it is so far away from where you're looking, I bet most users won't even use it (or even know about it). I use it all the time when I'm on the AVS Forum and I'd love for it to be closer to where your visual reference is. (IE - You are scanning the names of the threads, not the names of those who last posted in the thread.)
    BTW - I'm glad to see that I have been a member since the end of 1969! Finally someone recognizes that I've always been ahead of my time! [​IMG]
    -greg

6. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I also notice that on my subscribed threads on the user control panel, only the last message button is available, not the first unread button. Is there any way to add that there?