What's new

First TV show in widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Watching Angel tonight I started wondering which was the first show broadcast in widescreen.
The earliest show I could think of was the short-lived ABC show "C-16: FBI" which was out in '97. Can anyone think of one before that?
Gord

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Was the extremely short-lived CBS show "Feds" out the same year, or the previous one? I remember that being widescreen without much fanfare.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I just checked IMDB and it says it was out in '97. Looks like a tie so far. I guess I could check the premiere dates....
Feds - March 5, 1997
C-16 - Sept 27, 1997
Looks like Feds wins so far. To be honest, I haven't even heard of that show. Did you like it Jason?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The minute or so I saw. I remembered noticing it was widescreen and then being very tired and going to bed. :)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Saw both and liked both (widescreen or not). Feds was a bit better. C-16 dropped the widescreen after a few episodes, and then got cancelled anyway.
Crossing Jordan was also widescreen last night and actually had a few shots that took advantage of it.
//Ken

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
X Files is now shot in the widescreen format and one of the shows aired in 1.66:1 Letterbox widescreen.
------------------

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
According to my TiVo, West Wing will be in widescreen (at least the special episode next wed is supposed to be).
Woohoo... I remember how happy I was when ER switched.
Jim
------------------
[email protected]
Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks