First time to see "Being There"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Miller, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

After waiting a long time for a BB to carry this DVD so I could rent it, I gave up and just bought it. I was not disappointed in this delightful movie about a simple, but very influential man who enters the world of the rich an powerful. Many funny and genuine moments. Peter Sellers is great here and so is the supporting cast. I can understand why Sellers got several award nominations for this performance.

The ending really surprised me when Chance walks on water.
    I'm still trying to process my thoughts on the ending. What is your interpretation?

Peace,

DM

PS - I was also amazed by the outtakes in the ending credits. I thought this was a recent phenomenon.

2. Josh Shapero

Josh Shapero Stunt Coordinator

Yeah MAN, Being There rocks!!!!
    I first saw it in english class at high school.
    Like that Shirley Maclain bedroom scene[​IMG]
    (WINK WINK)
    I think the end is a metaphor for Chauncy's character, as people with the simplest of minds can accomplish extraordinary things. Hay I could be wrong but that's my take.
    Good Weird movie[​IMG]

3. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    I first saw this many years ago when my mom rented it. We didn't expect much, but we were pleasantly surprised. This is a delightful little film. It's a shame that it doesn't seem to have more recognition than it does.

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Great movie, but I didn't like the scenes of the president with his wife. How's the DVD of this movie?

~T

5. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

My take on the ending is that:

He was able to do so because no one ever told Chance that it was impossible and pointless to try

-- Matt