What's new

First Time Setup - Need help. (1 Viewer)

todd<>C

Grip
Setting up a denon 1804 and mirage speaker set. i have monster cable for speakers.

first question is, i have tried searches to determine the polarity of monster wire, but i havent had much luck. so i installed out the cords with writing in black. should i change it to the red?

another question about the speaker connections. i did not use plugs, per my budget shot, i just inserted the wire in to the hole and twisted the cap onto it, when connecting, not all of the wiring would go through the hole. some of it spead out. i made sure it wasnt touching other post. is this bad?

I am not getting sound out of my rear left speaker and the sub during the speaker calibration. should the sub make a sound during this? i am going to check their connections, but what else might could cause this problem. on the screen where you specify the speaker size(before calibrating), i just left the 6th speaker as small bc i did not see any other option for it (i do not have room for the 6th, so i left it out). the calibration process goes in this order: LF, center, FR, SR, SB, SL, sub. every speaker before the SB works. my thoughts were, since the sub and SL calibrating process followed what was suppose to be my SB speaker and the receiver didnt find one for it, that it didnt look for the other 2 speakers.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they all make noise during calibration.

If the wire does not go into the hole without leaving straggled wires, I would personally wrap the wire sort of twisted together around the binding post.

On most Denon receivers you have to tell it what speakers are present in the system including the subwoofer.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
As for your first question, Todd, the polarity should be fine, as long as you have red to red, black to black. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe having the wire with writing connected to red is just a convention.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't matter, wire is just wire. Whatever you decide to run the marked wire as, positive or negative, just keep it that way throughout the entire system.

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
I use banana plugs just because thats what your supposed to use on some speakers. You will not be able to tell one way or the other. This is just for those of us that are picky when it comes to these things. LOL Good Luck,
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
yeah it doesnt matter where you put the writing side, generally thou people put the writing side in the red slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks