First-time set-up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cliff B, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Cliff B

Cliff B Agent

Hi all,
    A friend of mine just bought a DVD player and called me with a hook-up problem.
    He's got an older TV and he can't get his new DVD player to work. He doesn't have component connections to his TV and I'm positive he doesn't have SVHS connections either. I'm not an authority on DVD so I feel a little helpless (I didn't have a hook up problem with my set-up because my TV has component connections).
    Is there a work-around for this or is my friend going to have to wait until he gets a new TV?
    I've finally been able to convert him over to the benefits of OAR and it would really be nice if I could get him up and running before he decides to take his player back. [​IMG]
    Many thanks

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

An RF Modulator will allow him to connect the DVD player to his TV but the resulting picture really won't be representative of what DVD video is all about....try to talk him into a new TV (with a minimum of composite video/S-video inputs). [​IMG]
    Vin

3. Cliff B

Cliff B Agent

PERFECT! Thanks Vin. I know that he'll get a new TV sooner or later but this will definitely do in a pinch.