What's new

First time projectorbuyer needs help! (1 Viewer)

Mikael_R

Auditioning
Hi
first time projectorbuyer is seeking assistance. I've used the search-function but I need some more input.
I'm in the process of buing an entry-level Hometheater Projector. LCD or DLP
In Sweden where I live, two projectors is "hot" right now for hometheater use (in the lower priceline). It's the PLV-30, and the Liesegang DV-235 (also sold as Hitachi CP-S220W/3M 7640/Elmo EDP S10). The PLV-30 is the one I planned to buy.
But now I've got a great deal on two used projectors (6 months old, used less than 50 hours, still with warranty) It's the Liesegang DV-335 (Hitachi CP-X320W/3M 7640) XGA/1100 lumens, compared to SVGA/800 lumens of the DV-235. The other one is the ASK M3 (Proxima X350) My price for these two would be the same, about $1800 (MSRP according to ProjectorCentral is about $6500 for all three models)
So what should i buy, they have almost the same specs (XGA, 1100 lumens, all the features I need) one is DLP and one is LCD, the ASK/Proxima is a bit more quiet. A tech. university in Sweden measured the noise level to 28dB!
Is there anyone with any of these projectors at home? I don't have the possibility to see the pictures for myself. All the tests I've found on the ASK/Proxima is for mobile computerpresentations and it's great reviews whereever i see. But it can be a whole other story when a analog videosource is connected. The DV-235 is well liked, and getting XGA resulotion can't make it worse.I will use it with an anloge connection (s-video) from my Pioneer 717 and not with a HTPC.
Or should I go for a new PLV-30? I would have to pay $1000 more for one of those.
This was a bit long, but I really need some assistance in this matter.
/mike

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,
Also check the archives using the search function at this Digital Projector Forum
You may find some people in Sweden who own similar setups and would be glad to help you out.
Good Luck
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Mikael_R

Auditioning
Thanks, but I've already been there. Nothing really useful there. Thanks anyway.
Isn't there anyone outthere with one of these projectors who can help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread