What's new

First there was THEM!....., Now comes THEY (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I saw THEY earlier, and thought it was pretty damn good, although it wasn't as good as I was expecting, but it came close. Some parts were a little to talky, and the characters weren't the most interesting, but I did like the lead girl, as she did quite well, and also looks quite good. I loved how Harmon decided to keep the creatures enshrouded in darkness, as it makes the creatures more up to your imagination, thus making them creepier IMO. The film's opening was great, and set a great mood for the film. Also, loved the downer ending, and it was a very groovy downer ending at that! I can easily recommend this film! While not the classic that THE HITCHER is, it is still an excellent little film!

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
I became bored with this movie. Frailty and Jeepers Creepers did the same for me as this movie did. I should have walked out along with the other people that did. Now i know why they didn't review this movie in my local paper and why i haven't seen many online reviews either. I give the movie a 2/5.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
So, Justin_S - Which ending did you see in the theater?

Just watched the DVD last night, really liked it, but I thought the alternate ending

with Lund in the asylum, having been there since she was 16, and dreaming of the critters

was just so MUCH MORE SCARIER, because it is just so much more real-world plausible.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought this "film" was a dull piece of shit from beginning to end. A guaranteed cure for insomnia. Yes, it's that bad imo! Derivative, dull, pointless and devoid of horror, thrills, or suspense of any kind. Terrible acting, especially from the female lead.
I had high hopes for it since it was directed by Mr. Harmon (loved The Hitcher). It should have been credited to Alan Smithee.
Hated it! Horror fans should avoid it at all costs.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks