What's new

First teaser up for The Last Samurai (1 Viewer)

Lowell_B

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: for a nice teaser. This movie really seems like it has the potential to be something special. Let's hope it turns out good.

Thanks for the teaser link Scott.

Lowell

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I like it, but I know what its about, I think that trailer will get huge cheese laughs in the theater because regular people know that Tom Cruise is not a Japanese person, and that trailer seems to imply that he's playing one.

I personally can't wait to see it though.

Adam

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
This is tacked on to the front of The Matrix Reloaded for those of you who want to see it in the theater.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
This is tacked on to the front of The Matrix Reloaded for those of you who want to see it in the theater.
Yeah, we saw this last night, and I was shocked that there were several boos and many laughs throughout the trailer. I heard lots of "no way!" "are you serious?" "you've gotta be kidding me" and "yuck" comments. Damn! I can't stand Tom Cruise the person, but he chooses his projects well, and I'm looking forward to seeing this (matinee or second-run only, I refuse to pay full price for any movie starring a scientologist).

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The trailer looks very intriguing (and quite cool :D). I don't understand why anyone would boo or laugh during the trailer, unless they REALLY can't stand Cruise.

I'll be there :emoji_thumbsup:

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I saw the trailer at the Employee showin of Reloaded...and people were like "Oh yeah!" Pretty excited and the trailer looked really good...but the FreddyVSJason Trailer is just mad! But the boo's came for the 2Fast2Furious trailer...BOOO!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
regular people know that Tom Cruise is not a Japanese person, and that trailer seems to imply that he's playing one.
Really? I don't know anything about the film, but I just thought it was like with Shogun: a white guy among Japanese, not that Cruise plays one (like John Wayne as a Mongolian).

//Ken

CoreyII

Second Unit
From what I read of the plot several months ago, Cruise plays what I believe is a U.S. Calvary officer who requested by the Emperor to come to Japan and help modernize samurai's in the art of war.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks