What's new

First Sub Project -Any advice please? (1 Viewer)

paullee

Auditioning
Hi, I live in the UK and am just about to embark on building my first sub. I plan to do it in stages, keeping it simple initially and then adding stuff as I go along. My initial thoughts are:

Possibly an Audax 10 or 12" Driver (PR240Z0 or HT300DM)as we're a bit limited for decent drivers under £100 over here and anything coming from the US costs a fortune in postage!
A sealed enclosure of 60L made of 30mm MDF with 4mm Aluminium backplate.
Initially using it for HT from the Subwoofer output of a Marantz SR4200 Receiver so just gonna start with a Linkwitz-Riley Transform circuit tuned to 20HZ into a salvaged 100W BK Electronics Amp, will then add crossover later.

Couple of questions:
1. If I'm downward firing it will I need totally adjustable phase control or will the 0 or 180 switch on the transform circuit suffice?
2. If not, any suggestions of how to incorporate one?
3. Best software tool to use?

Last but not least, if I then want to use it for Music what things should I be thinking about and what would be the best way to connect it up?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Total Newbie.

KurtJ

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

For any sub design I'd recommend a variable phase control because it will allow better blending of the sub with the rest of the system.

Surf the web for software. Adire has LspCad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks