What's new

First sub box for AV15 (1 Viewer)

DeT

Agent
Hi,

I am attempting to build my first box for my first ever sub! I don't think its going to be that hard, but I get stuck on some of the calculation.

The driver I will be using is the Stryke AV15 and Part Express 250W amp. This sub will be use mainly for home theater movies btw.

I am planning to use the Adire SBB4 plan for vented Tempest and turn it 90 degree to change from bottom firing to side firing and call it good, everything pretty much the same. I want to tune the box to 18Hz.
The box for the SBB4 plan is 194L with internal dimension 24 3/4 H x 22 1/2 W x 22 1/2 D.

So here are some problems.

I done some calculation for the port size in WinISD, and if I use two 4" flared ports, the length should be about 27". Either that or use two 3" flared ports, then the length is about 15". Those number are correct, right ?

My solution to this problem is either use the 3" ports, which I afraid maybe a bit too small. Or make the box bigger, to something like 226L so the pair of 4" can be fit in there with room to spare.

I am planning to use 64 ounces of polyfill like the SBB4 plan, will this change the dimention of the port or anything ?

Also, why is it that the Adire SBB4 plan for the vented Tempest have such a short ports length ?

thanks

Wayne_D

Agent
you could always use pvc plumbing parts and throw some 90degree peices and still ahve the port lenth you need!

DeT

Agent
Thanks, I think I could do that since the length of the ports is a bit more than the width of the box.

btw, is it ok to put the ports at the bottom while the driver on the side ?

DeT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks