What's new

First screenshot of Fellowship of the Ring for the Xbox!!! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering what type of game it would be, and that screenshot is suggesting action/adventure (I don't know how I deduced that out of the picture).

Looks...neat...I guess. I wonder what the versions for other consoles will look like (I think there are versions for PS2 and/or GCN being made).

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Didn't EA just grab the rights to publish a game next winter based on Fellowship on PS2 and Cube? Think I saw that at IGN. Not overly excited when I hear EA has got their hands on an existing franchise, they're not my favorite publisher I must admit.

Dan (UK)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Oh man, I hope EA isn't making it themselves. They better be farming it out to some other developer otherwise I doubt we'll see a quality game.

I could be wrong though...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Didn't EA just grab the rights to publish a game next winter based on Fellowship on PS2 and Cube?
There's going to be a plethora of LOTR related games next Christmas, coming from two publishers. Basically, EA have the rights to do games based on the movies, and Sierra/Vivendi have the rights to do games based on the original novels...

EA have already announced plans to do a bunch of games ala Harry Potter this year - different genres & different styles across a bunch of different platforms.

A good few of those Harry Potter games were farmed out to external developers, and I imagine EA will do the same.

BTW, as much as I dislike some of EA's business practice, I have to say they DO have good quality internal development, especially in the UK.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
I'd LOVE to see an RPG based on the Baldurs Gate (infinity) engine set in middle earth. That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks