What's new

First pro review of Queen's "A Night at the Opera" DVD-audio disc! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, thanks for posting a link to the review. All I can say is, damnit! I was really hoping that this release would be a stunner. I'll still buy it since the reviewer states that the 24/96 stereo track is better than CD releases. I'd like to compare the stereo track to my DCC and MFSL gold CDs.
The poor surround-sound mix doesn't completely surprise me. It seems that few recording engineers/producers have a clue as to how to do this properly. I'll make sure I have some Dramamine in hand before I cue up this masterful multi-channel mix. :)
It is especially disappointing to me to hear that the stereo track is harsh. I am more of a stereo fan than multi-channel, so I was really hoping for a high-quality stereo track on the Queen disc. At least the reviewer found the stereo track to beat CD versions. I found the new Hootie & the Blowfish DVD-Audio disc to be harsh in stereo, however it is better than the CD, which is harsh as well. I'll take any improvment over CD.
Is the Queen disc coming out on January 15th? I thought I read that somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks