What's new

First Post (questions about paradigm & axiom) (1 Viewer)

Mike McDermott

Auditioning
Hello all,
First post after lurking for a while... Looking to buy our first "good" set of speakers & HT equip around the new year for our finished basement "HT room". I work for an airline so I have the ability to travel for nothing or next to nothing & am looking at making a trip to Canada. I've been able to listen to some Paradigms in Appleton & liked what I've heard but also heard raves about Axiom (haven't heard them yet though).
Leaning towards:
Paradigm Monitor 7's - Mini-monitors - CC370
or, if I can land a GREAT deal
Axiom M60ti, M3ti, VP150
Paradigm Studio 60, 20, CC -or- maybe 4 x 20's & CC
I am not one to shy away from used speakers or scratches/nicks/bumps, if they sound the same I really don't mind. Still kicking myself for not being the first to offer on a pair of Axiom M60ti's & VP150 for an unbelievable $375 on Audiogon :frowning: I would've been just about set if I landed that deal...
Now a couple questions:
1. Axiom & Paradigm are both based in Ottawa, ON right? Do they have B-stock or nick & bump outlets in or near their hdq/factory?
2. If above doesn't work, the BEST cities in Canada to buy in & dealers to buy from? Wouldn't hate going to Vancouver again, one of my favorite places on the planet.
3. Besides here, Audiogon & E-bay are there any other good places to by used equipment?
Thanks for any & all replies,
Mike

Tom Alves

Auditioning
Mike;
If you're wanted to shop in Canada, Vancouver & Toronto are probably your best bets, followed by Montreal. A good Canadian marketplace is here --> Canuck Audio Mart A good friend of mine just bought a flawless pair of Mirage M3's this week through this website.
I have recently had the good fortune of finding quality used equipment at Toronto-area stores. Most have a consignment/used equipment sales area. Two stores I have used in the recent past are as follows:
Audio One
Brack Home Entertainment

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum!
If you do make it to Ottawa, please check out our shop on Bank Street, the Audioshop.
We have Axiom, Dahlquist, Energy, Martin Logan and Totem loudspeakers. We just stopped selling the Paradigm brand but they are readily available in Ottawa through a chain store.
Please give me a shout if you make the journey.
Regards,
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks