What's new

First Post - Looking for a receiver (1 Viewer)

JordanG

Auditioning
I recently just bought a pair of B&W DM 602 S3 speakers and the CC6 S2 center channel to start my home theather. The only thing I am missing is a receiver. I don't know what receiver would work well with these speakers. Can any one reccomend a receiver .... thanks

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
JordanG,
Welcome to the forum.:emoji_thumbsup: As far as receivers go Denon, Yamaha, HK, etc should all work well with your speakers. Though demoing as many as possible would be the best solution. Just rememeber what you here at the audio shop will sould different than what you hear at home. Look for the features you want(DD/DTS/6.1/EX/etc), and for sure look at the Hardware Forsale section for deals. A get the best bang for your buck. Rajeek's recommendation of the Dneon 3802 is excellent.
Kevin

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
For the B&W's that you have got I found that Marantz works best with them over Denon, not by much but if you are wanting to use your system for music aswell the Marantz would be the better bet, try auditioning a 6200/7200 depending on your budget and also try out the Denon's as they are great for a movies only set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks