1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

First Person Shooter for PS2 Any Recomedations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_eb, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Does anyone have game recomendations for first person shooter games for ps1 and ps2?

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

While there isn't anything to stand up to the other consoles (the N64's Goldeneye is still the greatest console FPS of all time, and X-Box Halo is garnering accolades near and far), Quake 3 Revolution is apparently a passable conversion, and Timesplitters is worth a rent (its Doom-style pared down gameplay splits gamers, with some loving it and others being very bored). Half-Life appears to be a disappointing conversion of a game that only really works on the PC, however, so I'm not sure what else to recommend.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

If you're willing to look at PS1 games, the original medal of honour games are good.

4. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Timesplitters, Red Faction, Quake3, Agent Under Fire.

5. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

Definately Red Faction. Great game ...

Freddy C.

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

If you haven't played Half-Life better do it now, its an experience that can't be missed.

7. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

No disrespect to the other posters, but I was gonna post the following game recommendation:
    Whatever you do, don't buy Red Faction. It's a terribly been-there-done-that-game. The ability to blow holes in walls adds nothing. [​IMG]

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Red Faction is a good game and a steal at £16.99 delivered from www.play247.com.

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I, like MANY people I know, liked Red Faction.

Get that, Half-Life, but skip TimeSplitters. The first was OK, but the sequel is coming soon and looks to be GREAT!

If Red Faction is a "been there, done that" game, couldn't you say that Half-Life didn't do anything that previous FPS' didn't do? All it did was do it really well, and Red Faction does some really good stuff, too.

10. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

12. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

To be fair, I only briefly played Red Faction on the PS2. I spent a lot longer playing it on the PC. I couldn't say whether there are significant differences between the PC and PS2 versions. It may well be a much better game on the PS2... much better suited to a console? I remember Turok being my favourite game for a while on the N64. I played the PC version of it later on, and it sucked. Hard. Might be a similar situation.

13. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I've played all the games everyone's mentioned with Half-Life and Halo being, imho, THE best of the bunch.

BUT...Red Faction was pretty damn entertaining too. My only real complaints with it were that the poly models for the people in the game, well...sucked. A few more poly's please, if possible. The textures in this game range from awesome to lousy. I realize the PS2 is terribly limited in certain aspects when it comes to memory, but I don't understand why some of the interior buildings wall textures and such, looked no better than the PSOne? Artist error?

Whatever; I enjoyed playing Red Faction as most other did.